DU LLB Exam Information
The DU LLB (Delhi University LLB) Entrance Exam is an All-India level entrance examination that is conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency). It is conducted for getting admitted to the three-year LLB courses offered at Delhi University centers, Campus Law Centre, Law Centre-I, and the Law Centre-II. This is a national-level examination that is held in more than 18 cities. The law centers of Delhi University take in students to fill up more than 2900 seats from conducting the DU LLB Exam.
Highlights of DU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
The mode of exam for DU LLB would be online or computer-based test mode. The DU LLB Examination is conducted based on four sections in the paper. The sections include the following topics: English Language & Comprehension, Legal Awareness & Aptitude, Analytical Abilities, and General Knowledge. The total mark given in each paper of the examination is 400 marks. There is a total of 100 questions to be solved in each paper. The type of questions in the DU LLB paper would be MCQ (Objective type Multiple Choice) Questions. The medium of the question paper however is just English.
Other Information regarding DU LLB Exam
- We would suggest that the interested candidates should practice through ‘Online Test Series’ before appearing for the actual exam.
- The duration of the DU LLB entrance examination is 120 minutes (that is 2 hours).
- The exam is usually conducted from 12 pm to 2 pm.
Syllabus for DU LLB Entrance Examination
The DU LLB All-India Entrance Examination is held by the DU. The subjects covered in the exam paper are English Language & Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness & Aptitude, and the last one is General Knowledge. Usually, students stress most on topics like General Knowledge and Legal Awareness & Aptitude section. Below is a range of important topics that should be covered by each student under each subject-
- The first important section to cover topics would be General Knowledge. The topics that are to be studied under this section would be a general outline of the Indian Economy, details on National Income of India, Indian Tax Structure, information on Major Industries in India, and sectors like Banking & Finance.
- The next section is Legal Awareness & Aptitude. Students on concentrate on the Legal fundamentals and terms. Attention should be paid to Legal Maxims and Important Landmarks and Supreme Court Judgments.
- The next important section is the English Language & Comprehension section. A wide range of Comprehension Passages should be practiced. Grammar portions like Subject-Verb Agreement, Noun, or Pronoun, Adjective and Determinants are also to be practiced. Along with these, Adverb, Active and Passive voice is the topics student should be well-versed with.
- The last section of importance is the Analytical Abilities portion. Under this, aspirants must solve Logical Puzzles along with Statement Conclusions. The other sub-topics are practicing Cause & Effect and Statements & Assumptions.
DU LLB Weightage for each section
Below, we have provided a clear vision for the total number of questions and marks assigned to each section in the DU LLB Question Paper.
- The first section is English Language & Comprehension. This section has a total of 25 questions which carry a total of 100 marks.
- The next section is the Analytical Abilities. This section has a total of 25 questions which carry a total of 100 marks.
- The next section among the four sections is the Legal Awareness & Aptitude one. This section has a total of 25 questions which carry a total of 100 marks.
- The last section among the four sections is the General Knowledge one. This section has a total of 25 questions which carry a total of 100 marks. This makes a total of 100 questions with 400 marks.
Marking Scheme for DU LLB Entrance Examination
- As you might have guessed already from the above section-wise weightage portion, each question in the paper carries 4 marks. Hence for every correct answer, the student is awarded 4 marks.
- For every incorrect answer opted, a deduction of 1 mark is done.
- The total score in the exam paper is calculated based on the total number of correct and wrong answers, for each student.
Eligibility Criteria for DU LLB Entrance Exam
Below are the eligibility criteria set for each candidate for admitting them to the Faculty of Law, under Delhi University. We display the academic and age-wise eligibility criteria set for each candidate.
- For General Category Candidates: Interested applicants should have a graduation or post-graduation degree, either from Delhi University or any other well-recognized university with at least 50% marks.
- For the OBC Category: Interested applicants should have a graduation or post-graduation degree, either from Delhi University or any other well-recognized university with at least 45% marks.
- For the SC/ST Category: Interested applicants should have a graduation or post-graduation degree, either from Delhi University or any other well-recognized university with at least 40% marks.
- For the CW Category: Interested applicants who are declared as widows or are wards of ex-servicemen or are serving personnel falls under this (CW) category. They are given a relaxation of 5%. Hence, they should get at least an aggregate percentage of 45% in their stated qualifying degree.
- For the PH Category: Interested applicants should have a graduation or post-graduation degree, either from Delhi University or any other well-recognized university with at least 45% marks.
DU LLB Entrance Exam Important Dates
Below are the important dates that are to be kept in mind for the DU LLB Entrance Examination.
The release of the DUET Application Form will be in the first week of May. The last date of application for the DU LLB is the fourth week of May. Releasing the DU LLB Admit Card occurs within the second week of June. The DU LLB Entrance Exam is held usually in the fourth week of June. The Answer Keys are released in the first week of July. Declaration of Results happens in the third week of July. The Counselling Round takes place in the fourth week of July.
DU LLB Entrance Examination Admission Procedure
Below is the DU LLB entrance examination admission process-
- Registration Process: This is the first step of the process. This process includes online registering of the applicant’s name and other details by visiting their official website. Interested applicants are to create an ID and password to log in. After logging in through the Delhi University official website, they would be able to apply for an online application, download admits card, and check their results.
- Applying for DU LLB Entrance Examination: Once the students have created the login ID and password, they are to apply online via the official website. Here, the candidates should enter their personal details, academic information along with uploading necessary documents. All this will be followed by payment of the application fee. After the fee payment is done, the candidate gets successfully registered for the DU LLB Entrance Examination. Thereafter, interested applicants are to check the eligibility criteria of the courses they are interested in applying for. Note that candidates who are ineligible for certain programs will not be approved of their applications.
- Downloading the Admit Card: This is the third step. Few weeks before the exam, the aspirants are to download the admit card of the DU LLB Entrance Examination through the official website of NTA-DU. At the time of the release of the admit card, a link will be given in the PDF. The admit card is one of the most important documents as it is needed to be carried to the examination hall at the time of the exam.
- The DU LLB Entrance Exam: After the announcement of the official date of the exam, the students are to reach the allotted center on the given date and sit for the exam. It is advised that a thorough reading of the admit card is done by the candidate since there is crucial information provided in the admit card, like documents required to bring, center name, timing, etc. Students are to adhere to the guidelines given in the admit card.
- Declaration of Results of the DU LLB Exam: The national-level entrance examination results are declared only in online mode. Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the news or bulletin on the official website for result declaration date and time. Followed by the release of scorecards, merit lists of the course under various centers of the Delhi University are released. Students who pass the counseling round from the merit list get admitted to a law course in DU.