CLAT 2021, Exam Date(Postponed)
“The CLAT 2021 exam date stands postponed owing to the second wave of COVID 19”, quotes NLU Executive Committee.
CLAT 2021, widely known as Common Law Admission Test, stands for a national level LAW entrance exam conducted for obtaining admissions into twenty-two National Law Universities of India.
In other words, CLAT provides admissions into undergraduate and postgraduate LAW programmes countrywide.
Due to the present conditions and as a result of a pandemic emergency across the country, the Consortium of NLU has postponed the exams until further notice.
As a result, the exams are halted for the time being.
However, here are the instances of the latest notifications by the NLU Consortium.
Changes by NLU in brief :
- The CLAT 2021 exam date which was going to be held on the 13th of June has been postponed for time being.
- As a result, The application deadline for the exams is also postponed up to June 15.
- However, according to the official notification by the NLU Consortium,” The new date sheet will be updated after the review of the COVID 19 condition nationwide.”
- Also, it is believed that similar to last year, the CLAT 2021 is also expected to be conducted online.
- Similarly, the CLAT 2021 admit card will also be uploaded by the Consortium until June and it will be available online only.
What is the CLAT 2021 Eligibility criteria?
CLAT exams are held at two levels, one for the Undergraduates and another one for the Postgraduate candidates.
The eligibility requirements are as under,
For Undergraduate(UG) Course:
The minimum requirement is a Senior Secondary School (10 + 2 ) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate.
For Post Graduate(PG ) Course :
In addition to an LL.B degree, Bachelors of Law degree or any equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 50% marks in aggregate is required.
How To Apply for CLAT 2021?
To apply for CLAT 2021, the following steps must be taken.
- Firstly, go to the official website and click on the New Registration tab. After that, fill in the basic details like your name, contact number and E-mail I’d.
- Next to it, Verify your credentials and then log in using them.
- Post that, choose the preferred course i.e UG or PG.
- After that, carefully fill up the past education details.
- Similarly, upload personal documents and certificates.
- After that click NEXT and fill the category and prefer NLU.
- At last, make payment and click SUBMIT.
- In the end, remember to print out the hard copy of the submitted form for future procedures.
What is the Application Fees for CLAT 2021?
The application fee for CLAT 2021 is to be paid online via any portal. For instance, the candidate can pay the fees via a payment gateway like a credit card, debit card or net banking facilities.
However, the application fee structure is divided into two parts, as per reservation quota
- For candidates of General /OBC /NRI /PWD /PIO /OCI application fee is Rs. 4000/-
- However, for candidates of SC/ST and BPL categories application fee is only Rs. 3500/-
What is the CLAT 2021 Exam pattern?
For the Undergraduate Exam, the exam pattern goes as follows :
It is an entry-level examination, therefore only objective type questions are asked with a total of 200 marks.
In addition to this, the exam duration will be of two hours and the question carries one mark each. However, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark per incorrect answer.
The subjects as well as the marks allotted to them are as follows,
For Postgraduate Exam, the exam pattern is as under :
When it comes to postgraduate exams, the difficulty level increases comparatively. As a result, the Postgraduate exam also includes a subjective section.
For instance, the CLAT PG exam is segregated into two sections including,
This section includes 100 objective questions with 1 mark each. Also, there exists a negative marking provision of 0.25 marks per incorrect answer.
In addition to that, this section includes 2 descriptive questions of 50 marks each. In other words, the essay type answers are preferred with a length of 800 words each
For this, the ones having scored 40% in the previous section (With 5% exemptions to SC/ ST and PwD students). In other words, it is important to pass section 1 to appear for section 2.
What is the Syllabus for CLAT 2021?
For CLAT UG,
The CLAT UG syllabus covers the following five subjects :
- Current Affairs
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
For CLAT PG,
This exam paper consists of 2 sections that include the Subjective section in addition to the Objective one. Therefore, the paper will broadly be divided into two parts, unlike the UG exam.
Above all, various undergraduate level topics are included in it. For instance, certain laws which are as under,
- Contract Law
- Property Law
- Family Law.
- Company Law
- Criminal Law
- Environmental Law
- Has clat 2021 been postponed?
Ans : Yes, the CLAT 2021 exam date has been postponed due to the second wave outbreak of COVID 19.
- What is the date of CLAT exam 2021?
Ans : The CLAT 2021 exam date which was scheduled on June 13 th has been postponed till further notice.
- What is the last date to apply for CLAT 2021?
Ans : The application date is extended up to June 15.